PBL in Australia

Welcome to my blog - this time I am in Newcastle, Australia! I am an invited researcher at the University of Newcastle and will be researching aspects of PBL. Read all about it here!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hunter Valley and Nelson Bay

Yesterday was a beautiful and sunny Sunday and Graeme and his wife Paula and their 3 girls graciously took me out and about on a day trip from Newcastle.  We drove up to Nelson Bay and had tea overlooking a spectacular view and beautiful beaches.  We walked along the water and had lunch at a restaurant there before heading out to Hunter Valley for some wine-tasting!
Our first stop was a sparkling wine winery called Petersons.  Fantastic wines and a chocolate shop as well - heaven!
Then we moved on to Peppers with its great wines.
Lastly we visited Tower winery.
It was a lot of fun and I only wish that I could easily bring some of these wines home to Canada.  But I can't.

1 comment:

  1. OMG. They're going to make an alcoholic out of you! When do you start working?! haha (Sonja)

    ReplyDelete